Are you maximising the benefits from store loyalty programmes?
We are all guilty of signing up to these programmes but never actually using them so we have put together some tips on how to get the most out of your loyalty programmes.
So what exactly is a loyalty programme and why do they exist?
A loyalty programme is a structured marketing effort, implemented by stores, that rewards customers for purchasing. These programmes are aimed at attracting and retaining customers, and if implemented correctly, encourages ongoing buying behavior.
What can you get out of a loyalty programme as a consumer?
- Receive discounts on certain specified items
- Receive free gifts/rewards
- Receive advanced access to new products/special offers
How to make the most of a loyalty programme?
- Look for a loyalty programme that’s linked to a credit card, as this is often where most of your spending takes place.
- If the programme uses points, understand how to earn as many points as possible.
- Take advantage of “double point’s days”, and plan your shopping around them.
- Always carry your card on you to ensure you receive points in a point-of-sale environment.
- Make sure you understand how your personal data will be used when you sign up.
- Understand how to redeem your points/rewards. Some programmes have limitations or restrictions when you redeem your points.
- Look out for online or in-store vouchers that offer added discounts to loyalty programme members.
- Sign up for email lists or refer-a-friend offers to take advantage of bonus rewards.