Legal help for when you need it most
In any legal situation, using a lawyer is almost always an extremely expensive business. Depending on the type of case, legal fees can cost thousands of rands per hour. With legal cover, you’ll get financial assistance in order to afford your legal expenses. Essentially, it’s protection from loss in the event of a legal situation.
Who needs legal insurance?
Everyone has the right to legal protection, but many people are overwhelmed with the idea of choosing a lawyer or feel they can’t afford legal help. The good news is that many premiums start from as little as R75 per month, and offer a host of benefits. That’s just one less burger meal a month. Besides the financial burden, dealing with a legal matter is very stressful. As a layman with little knowledge of the law, we often lack the confidence to tackle the situation.
What are the benefits of legal cover?
With Hollard legal cover, you can receive between R75,000 and R200,000 per matter, and there’s no annual limit – you are covered per matter. You’ll receive full access to standard legal documents and contracts as well as receive telephonic advice from qualified and experienced attorneys.
What kinds of situations are covered?
Legal insurance usually covers different categories:
- Criminal matters –such as murder, culpable homicide, rape, robbery, assault, blackmail, theft, housebreaking, fraud, breaking and entering as well as attempting to commit any of the foregoing. These matters are often lengthy and therefore costly, some taking up to five years to resolve.
- Civil matters –such as motor vehicle accidents, insurance claims, money lent privately (not for business), road accident fund claims, neighbour disputes and contractual disputes with builders/plumbers.
- Labour matters – such as disciplinary hearings, unfair dismissals, labour court and Commission for Conciliation, and Mediation and Arbitration (CCMA) representation.
What if you can’t afford legal cover?
If you find yourself really stuck and are unable to afford any legal services, LegalWise is an organisation that was created with the aim to provide free legal assistance to South Africans like you. LegalWise provides members with the following services:
- Affordable Legal services
- Fast and effective solutions
- Fairness to all people
- Equality before the law
- Comprehensive cover
- User friendly and effective legal services
The MoneyShop Team