Review: Tax Tim
Have you ever sat in the waiting room at SARS? Well, I have, and it’s not recommended. I decided to use an online self-service option called Tax Tim.
So, this year I had to file two returns because I was a bad citizen and didn’t file for 2020. Instead of running the gauntlet at the office of The Receiver.
What I like about Tax Tim
Tax Tim is by far the most convenient and time-saving app that I have used in a long time. It solves the problem of having to go to SARS or use a Tax Practitioner to file a Tax Return.
- Friendly Tax Tim Bot
- Easy to understand questions and instructions
- Simple registration and payment
Tax Tim allows you to complete most of your return before insisting on payment. So, if you’re thinking that you’ll pay and not be able to use the service, forget it. If you don’t have the confidence to continue then you don’t have to.
- Explanations and calculators to help you to easily calculate and submit your claims like Home Office and Depreciation of assets such as your Laptop and claims for use of your Vehicle, for business use.
There is no phone number to call for support. This is probably best as I think I may have used it way too much when I didn’t need to. Email support is available from the website and questions are answered very quickly, normally within half a day.
- Nothing to download
- Functionality is excellent
- Does this app Solve a problem YES, a big YES!
Until next time,
The MoneyShop Team
This article has been prepared for information purposes only and it does not constitute legal, financial, or medical advice. The publication, journalist, and companies or individuals providing commentary cannot be held liable in any way. Readers are advised to seek legal, financial, or medical advice where appropriate.